We all know how important it is to keep our bodies hydrated, and the same is true for our lawns. How is your lawn holding up during this very hot, dry summer? Are you seeing brown spots or overall heat stress?
These are signs that your irrigation system could use an audit and possibly a tuneup. Thanks to CSU Extension and the City and County of Broomfield, several resources are available to help with both:
- CSU Extension offers this DIY guide that walks you through a quick irrigation audit.
- If you prefer to have someone else check your irrigation system, the City and County of Broomfield partners with Resource Central to provide free sprinkler consultations for residential properties.
- Did your audit or consultation indicate that your irrigation system needs an overhaul? Broomfield offers REBATES for new WaterSense® labeled irrigation controllers and water-efficient irrigation nozzles!
- For more complicated lawn, tree, and garden issues, CSU Extension offers a $75 horticulture site visit for Broomfield residents (please note you must log in to see available appointments). Each visit includes up to one hour for the consult, along with follow-up and written recommendations.
- Broomfield’s website provides seasonal watering guidelines and landscape tips.