Gardening Assistance in Broomfield
Local Gardening Resources and Services
- Ask a Colorado Master Gardener – During the growing season (April through October), Broomfield Master Gardeners answer questions at the CSU Extension Office in Broomfield and at Ask a Master Gardener tables at the library and Home Depot. View the Horticulture calendar here.
- Colorado Master Gardener Helpline – Trained volunteers are available to assist Broomfield residents year round. Leave a message for a Broomfield Master Gardener any time by calling 303-464-5554, or send an email (with photos!) to BroomfieldMG@colostate.edu.
- Xeriscape Demonstration Garden – The Broomfield Master Gardeners designed and maintain a Xeriscape demonstration garden in front of Broomfield’s City and County Building, located at One DesCombes Drive. The garden gives residents the opportunity to see and identify Xeriscape options in a natural setting. Landscape plans for the different themed areas are available onsite.
- Diagnostic Site Visits – For a $75 fee, a CSU Extension Horticulture Agent will provide an on-site consultation for homeowners within the City and County of Broomfield. For more information or to schedule a visit, contact email@example.com or call 720-887-2294.
CSU Soil Testing
The CSU Soil, Water and Plant Testing Lab in Fort Collins offers year-round soil testing. It’s a great way to check the quality of soil in your yard and learn to improve it. To use the service, gardeners must:
- Complete the lab submission form
- Collect a composite soil sample from the test area (detailed instructions are on the form)
- Mail the form and soil sample to the CSU Soil, Water & Plant Testing Lab, Campus Delivery 1120 A-320 NESB, Fort Collins CO 80523-1120
The cost of a routine garden and landscape soil test through the CSU lab is $35, and the turnaround time is currently about a month. Soil test containers and instructions are available just outside the CSU Extension office in the Broomfield Library, but residents must mail samples to the lab in Fort Collins for analysis. Visit the CSU Soil Testing Lab website for more information.
Master Gardener Program
In Broomfield County, a dedicated group of 30 Colorado Master Gardener Volunteers bring a variety of projects to life. The majority of projects include one-to-one consultation with Broomfield County residents, but they also include special events, community gardening projects and other educational activities. Learn more about the Colorado Master Gardeners program in Broomfield County and how to join…